Create a port test
In recent times databases have been breached not by SQL injection, but simply due to the fact that databases or admin interfaces were directly exposed to the internet. With a port test you can test that the ports where your database or admin interface are listening are not exposed to the internet.
The creation of a port test is very simple:
- Go to 'Manage test cases'
- Click on 'Create port test'
- Give the test a meaningful name like "Port 9990 (admin interface) must be closed"
- Enter the port that should be tested (e.g. 9990)
- Choose the expected port state (typically: Closed)
- Click on 'Create' and you're done!
Have a look at the list of commonly used default ports sorted by technology.